Tuesday, January 15, 2008

a new way of life??

Dear Diary,

Ok, so we met up once over the weekend- my weekend's are always so busy and even though this one wasn't packed full of events, I still had to show face at my friends's dad's bday on saturday night.. So, I'm at this event when i get a text saying- 'where r u?? I'm heading over to XYZ bar with my closest friend and i wanted you to join us'unfortunately, I couldn't make it. so the next day, after spending most of the day at a family event, I sent him a text to see how he was doing (and secretly to find out if we could meet up). Anyway, cut a long story short, we did!

We talked and got to know each other a bit better and I'm glad to say that we have so many things in common, he even asked if i wasn't sure that we had met a few years ago when i lived in London! Anyway, i didn't thnk we had although I sure wish so- we talked about work, family, living in Nig and stuff and generally, so far so good- however, there's only one really serious issue though and i can't disclose it here for the sake of mine and his anonymosity. It's an issue that is as a result of a childhood trauma he suffered and it kinda widens the gap between us (on my end). he doesn't think it should and thinks i can overlook it but i really don't know that i can- its quite important. Anyhow, he's smart and funny and thoughtful cos afterwards he did drive behind me from Ikoyi (where he lives and we'd met up, to VI(where I live) and we spoke a few times after I got home and proceeded to chat on IM and then he called to tuck me in.

I have a funny feeling about this- sometimes a warm fuzzy feeling like it's all gonna be great and other times, a feeling of despair like how did i end up here again??- its almost always like complicated stuff are my thing.. I know you can't have it all but I really think I should be able to have a decent relationship without having to skip through tough hurdles, you know!

Communication wise, its way lower than i am used to- but i do admit- maybe I got spoilt by my last 2 exes cos they got over 100% for communication- like calling first thing in the morning, and every other hour etc-- Brainiac manages to chat on IM- but is almost always in the middle of serious work and work is very important to him- so its not even regular and did he actually CALL me yday... hmmm!! I don't think so- we exchanged texts till midnight though.. this is certainly going to take a LOT of getting used to!!

So, that's the way its been so far- did i mention?? there was a bit of tension in the air like the chemistry was totally there!Except i imagined it but i think it was there.. We didn't try to hug or kiss or anything though- we're just friends remember!! See you soon, Dear Diary!!

0 comments: