Monday, January 21, 2008

Tears on my Pillow.....

Dear Diary,

Boy, was this weekend very sad for me!! i was just miserable all through and finally yesterday- i broke!!! i felt every single bit of my heart breaking as i drove to a function mid afternoon, i was bawling and crying my eyes out and i couldn't even explain why! i had to park and then took a decision to go back home- considering that i had already ruined all my eye and face makeup. It seemed like a dam had just been opened and the floodgates were let loose!! i was so so so sad and in despair. and there was nothing i could do to make it better.

finally got back home and crawled under my duvet and just couldn't stop the tears. I told the Security to take all my messages and put my phones off- I just wanted to be alone- to suffer by myself. I didn't need the hassle of explaining my feelings to anyone especially when i couldn't lay a finger on the source of the indepth sadness that felt. I just felt so alone and I didn't need anyone saying - but you live an enviable life, you have a family that love you, lots of friends, people who wanna be you etc etc-- don't get me wrong- I DON'T enjoy being despondent or like to wallow in self pity or self hate! It's just that I am aware that i have so much to be grateful for and indeed, I am - however, i am human and yesterday, I sank to the lowest that i have ever done!! to a point where picking myself up was almost impossible because i just didn't know how to.
Eventually, i turned on my PDA and sent a text to my best friend (male)- u know the Stud Muff, i just told him i didn't know what had happened but i was broken and i didnt want him to fix me- i just needed him to understand that i was broken and to just talk to me. so he called me for close to 2 hours- which i spent the first 90 minutes just in tears... i felt slightly better after a while and i asked him to save some of his money and then about an hour later, just after a new set of tears started, a message came in from one of my favorite middle aged women (a very wise one) and i texted her back saying i was in a thoroughly depressed state so she also called immediately and talked me though it and proceeded to check on me intermittently till i fell asleep after midnight.

I wish i could say- THIS or THAT is the cause of my sadness and depression at this time but i really cannot- i know its not marriage because hearing about the break down of 2 marriages i thought were perfect in the course of last week kinda put me off the thought for now.. is it work?? this whole telecoms rush does my head in- it looks rosy from the outside- cheaper calls, better hours etc until you actually get in and see how it is simply a high school or uni kinda set up, but still it pays my bills and is challenging in its own way...maybe i should go back to the only job that has ever fulfilled me- which is teaching. its just that nursery school students were not challenging for me. i know i only did it for my youth service and maybe my life was just much simpler then, i don't know if i will find it as fulfilling to day!! i know the tap isn't closed tight yet- i can feel rush pushing- tears wanting to go through..
I need help- need to get my act together- need to be happy- deliriously happy!!! I know i am rambling, but permit me- i'm having an off 'few days' of pure and sizzling, mind twisting depression!!
talk later dear diary...

7 comments:

Bubbles said...

Wow, i know how u feel. I have struggled with being depressed for a while now. I finally had to go see a therapist cos i was at a place where i couldn't do the things i needed to do. Therapy helped me a lot. I'm now able to deal with my depression a bit better.
I'm glad u have a good support system u can talk to whenever u feel that way. Keep ur head up. It'll get better and know that u are never alone.

Intuitive Girl (I.G) said...

thanks bubbles.... its good to hear this at this time!! I am glad you found some help through therapy. I am thinking of getting some myself..

SMSL said...

Your not alone I.G, last nite i was soooooo frustrated i broke down crying, but i controlled myself cos i didn't want my parents thinking i was loosing it. I'm not sure what exactly made me cry, at that point i just felt alone and also like i was drifting thru life w/out a purpose or plan.

And on really bad days i just feel like i can't even get the simple things in life right. But i guess its ok to feel that way its just taking stock of our lives.

little miss me said...

take it easy,i understand what your going through,what i usually do when i can't figure out what makes me sad i try to focus on those things that make me happy,those things i feel fulfilled at doing/accomplishing.maybe you need a little 'you' time,focus on your life,your career,put it all together and figure it out.i hope you get over this bout of depression soon.

Intuitive Girl (I.G) said...

@ pink lips- thank you for understanding, I actually felt like i was losing my mind!!

@ little miss me- you're so right, that's what i did for the most of today, i know it'll blow over soon enough. and funnything is, i thought we Africans were too thick skinned to suffer depression but i guess as sure as blood flows in our veins....

Afrobabe said...

take it easy girl...relax, God is in control...sometimes its good to just let go and cry...you can only feel better but dont let the mood drag..

love ya.

Intuitive Girl (I.G) said...

thanks afrobabe,

I certainly have no intention to let it drag- i can't handle any more pain!

love ya too babe.. when do we get an update and new pix?? wink wink :-)