Thursday, February 7, 2008

Somethings I will never forget...

Dear Diary,

I've been quiet in the last couple of days as i have been doing some severe soul searching and also taken several trips down memory lane!! I realise that I am immensely scared of losing control and letting myself go fully in relationships, you know, everything is seemingly clinical and I can close doors on people as easily as I opened them.. I think i may have been scarred by my first boyfriend- who was the most possessive control freak that ever existed.. he is the sort of guy who would time his wife if she goes to the salon for a 'wash and set' hai treatment... it probably didnt help that he was a straight 5 yrs older than me and as such wasn't in uni at the same time that i was.
When I got into uni- at the age of 17, he was 21 and had just got a job in the city and my school was just on the outskirts of london- Brighton to be precise- so it was easy for us both to go back and forth weekend after weekend, the fact that we lived 2 streets apart didn't help!!
But Possessive Guy- just didn't let me rest on week days when I was in school- he always people watching me- when i called him daily- i'd hear things like 'who was the guy you sat with during the break in your classes- he was wearing a blue shirt or isn't your top showing too much cleavage today??it was so bizarre but i was so stupid- i simply thought this obsessive behavior was a thing to relish and be proud of- that someone loved me sooooo much that they would spy on me and wish they could move me to a school in london where it would be just the teachers and i (yes, he said this)!! boy, i think i needed my head examined!!

anyway, i was soon brought back to earth in the 3rd year of our relationship- 2 things happened about 8 months apart that opened my eyes one after the other- trust me- one eye opened but the other one didnt open until the second incident happened.
Incident 1- it so happened that on a certain weekend, some girl who was my friend's room mate whom i had become a bit chummy with comes up to me and says- IG, r u going into London this weekend? I say- No, why? she says, i just want to know if you wanted me to take anything to yours for you- and basically tells me how her Mom was in the UK for a week or so but that she only had that weekend to see her and hopefully do some small shopping etc with her Mom. Now, i did feel she was going into too much detail seeing as i wasn't dating her nor would i have noticed she was gone anyway but i took it in good faith and said- oh well, have fun and bring some plantain chips or chin chin back if your mom brings any. so she goes off....
Anyhow, somehow- my Mom calls later and says a family friend of mine was in the UK and wanted to see and so i hopped off and went home too. So my family friend and i bond and gist etc and after a few hours she asked after my boyfriend- so i'm like -'u know what, we can walk to his- and off we went. i didn't bother calling cos i wanted to SURPRISE him. So we are approaching his house and see his cousin walking up and he says- 'are you going to our house?' i say yes and he says- oh your man just went out- he and Popsie are out on an errand- so i said ok cool, we'll just walk past and stuff- we were enjoying the walk anyway and tell him I'll call him later.. so we continued walking we walked past the house and his car was parked out there but i paid it no mind.
On our way back- we walked past the house and i thought i heard the door open but i didn't look back- and then i heard car start and i looked back- driving out was MY MAN and THE BITCH who was meant to bring me back some plantain chips... yeah- my man was her mum for the weekend!!

tired of typing and even angry as i remember- i'll save the rest for my next post!
my reaction- the ripple of events after and the 2nd EYE OPENER!!!

10 comments:

SMSL said...

Yippie i'm also 1st on ur blog!!!!!! When are you gonna update naow??

Today's ranting said...

What? That was really bad of ur friend. Did she not know that he was ur man? I can only imagine how u felt when u discovered,it can be heart rendreing when a loved one betrays ones trust.

Afrobabe said...

Men are just a bunch of assholes...

My recipee???

Kiss with eyes wide open...

and the friend deserves a free weekend to iraq...hope they bomb her ass...

How have u been babes, good to see you back here...

Anonymous said...

WHAT THE FUCK!!!!!!!!!to think the guy was always checking on you like that when he was two timing with ur friend!pls tell me u tore both their hair out!

oya post part 2!

bumight said...

overprotective control freak!
actually i guess that's why he was being a control freak.
btw, why is it that whenever people decide to surprise their bfs they end up being surprised themselves?

Intuitive Girl (I.G) said...

@ pink lips- yay!!! blowing you a Special Valentine's Kiss for being 1st!! will update today hopefully..

@ today's ranting- of course she knew he was my man!!

@ afrobabe- i've been good thanks- glad to be be back too and kissing with my eyes WIDE open is a good recipee thanks!

@ pink satin- i guess you'll see what i did in the update- but i can already say- you'll probably be disappointed.

@ bumight- i know what you mean and i really wasn't trying to surprise him per se- but i guess i don't learn- the update will show why!!

little miss me said...

wow,what a lying conniving bitch!! please update soon!!

anonymous gal(retired blogger) said...

hmm wat a friend and to think she had to make sure u wld not be in town. hiss

bumight said...

o...k still waiting for the update...

Intuitive Girl (I.G) said...

Happy Valentine's Day People!!!

I'm so sorry about the lack of an update- i typed it out and it was really lengthy and spicy but a glitch happened with my internet and i didn't realise that it didn't auto-save- needless to say- i lost it- bear with me.. I'll do it tonight or tmw
xxx